Do I Need New Windshield Wiper Blades?
A little preparation can save you from a potentially dangerous situation. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months, but how are you supposed to remember that? If you remember a dentist visit and your wedding anniversary you’re doing well; If you remember your biannual wiper blade change you’re super human.
For us mortals, here are the indicators that you need to change blades:
• Streaking – uneven clearing – from either cracked rubber or debris caught under the blade
• Chattering – the sound of the blade across the glass – blade stiffens from inactivity
• Worn Rubber – edges of rubber are round not square
• Split Rubber – due to age or intense sunlight
• Bent Wireframes/Bent Refills – from automatic car washes or ice scrapers
So before you’re the guy buying wiper blades during this spring’s biggest thunderstorm in your incriminating rain-splattered shirt (of course you forgot your umbrella too), watch for these early warning signs.
Where Can I Get New Windshield Wiper Blades Near Me?
If you are in Queens, Brooklyn, or Long Island, you will find wiper blades from top brands such as Denso, Bosch, and Trico at Arch Auto Parts. You can either call for in-store pickup, or just visit your nearest Arch Auto Parts location and get the “Right Parts. Right Now.”Call Now!